4.01.2010

tea bag cookies

The second cookie of the week is a Tea Bag Cookie. I saw this via Kim Vallee on Party Frosting! and thought they were delightful. I used The Joy of Baking's Sugar Cookie Recipe found here. I don't have a tea bag cutter (who does?) and so, I hand cut them. Remarkably, they were easier than the ducks from the other day.




The Daughter called them luggage tags.  I hope with a little doctoring, they'll lose that vibe.  I used a straw to make holes for the string.

Not wanting to mess up the chocolate coating, I used Wilton's Candy Melts- Dark Cocoa to ensure proper coverage.  Next time, I'll might try something else, as this product is full of trans fats and has sugar as its #1 ingredient.  The dipping was successful and there was only one unacceptable tea bag. (The chocolate hardened quite suddenly.)  The Daughter decided to taste test that one and gave it two thumbs up.

The little duck tag looks a bit large.  This is a working prototype and The SIL will figure out the final tag.

The finished product!  I love how the tags came out.

On to my next cookie...

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! But then, I'll have to fill my cup with milk . . .

    Or resort to some of my favorite dessert teas to go with these cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! I will definitely have to make theses - hopefully soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these look amazing! I will have to try making them :) I'm collecting tea inspired photos on my tea blog imalittleteapot.co.uk - can I use one of your pictures/ put a link up on my site?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...