6.19.2010

recital day


Today is Recital Day for my piano students. Though there are several performance classes held at my home during the year, the June recital is the formal one. The students are required to dress up, the performance is held at a church, and a program is printed up.

And I bake, bake, bake.

In the spirit of trying to master royal icing, I baked rolled butter cookies.

I outlined a few notes, but the consistency was a bit off, and it got messy, so I switched to polka dots.

The icing was still slightly stiff, however, and the dots came out with peaks,

sooo,

I'm serving Goth Eighth Notes.

When it comes to icing, I need to apply the same principle that I tell my students:
Practice, Practice, Practice!

(I should have taken the time to pat down the peaks with a damp finger, but I thought they might end up looking like the latest handbag I'm coveting.)



The Alexander Wang Rocco Bag

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...