6.13.2010

chocolate macaroons {sms}

I feel like I'm finally on track for Sweet Melissa Sundays, having missed the past two weeks.  And what better way to jump back in than with a super easy recipe.  

Five ingredients- what more simplicity could one ask for?

Flaked Coconut


Finely chopped high-quality semi-sweet chocolate
(which precludes my four-pound bag of Nestlé chips...)


I like all that chocolate dust.

Mix in granulated sugar,

egg white,


then roll into balls!
(I left out the fifth ingredient, orange zest.)

I made the balls bite-size, about an inch wide, so the macaroons baked up in 18 minutes.  That way you can easily pop one (or two!) into your mouth.

The macaroons have the perfect combination of chewy interior and crunchy, flaked exterior. 
Simple and satisfying.

A shout-out to Ellen of Blue Tree Heart, who hosted this week's choice and on whose website you can find the recipe.

10 comments:

  1. You did a great job. That chocolate is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bite sized sounds great. Your cookies look wonderful! Glad you were able to bake with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pics Rebecca! I love your little bite size macaroons - what a great idea! The simplicity of this recipe was definitely the best part about it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this recipe was so easy and tasty! Your macaroons look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cookies!! I love your photos and that chopped chocolate...yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours look lovely! I, too, loved the crunchy outside. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pictures! The mini size looks so good.

    You asked about parchment verses silpat. I do find that silpat does prevent things from getting crispy. I bake my chocolate chip cookies right on the cookie sheet. I guess just because I've been doing it that way for years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice chopping board, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your macaroons look fabulous and that's such a pretty plate they're on. I've had a little trouble keeping up lately, too. It's good to be back on track, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...