9.13.2010

chocolate chunkers~ baking with dorie

Don't you just love this name? It conjures up a cookie chock full of GOOD STUFF. What Dorie Greenspan includes are chocolate chunks, white chocolate chunks, nuts and dried fruit, all enveloped in a chocolate cookie dough. If you don't like any of the above, then by all means, omit and replace as you wish. I happen to want all of the above, but knowing The Less-is-More Family aesthetic, had to do half as I wished and half as they wished.

My half: assorted chocolate chunks, walnuts, and dried Turkish apricots.
MMMM.

Their half: chocolate chunks.
Doesn't that sound lonely?


The recipe not only calls for two chocolate mix-ins, but also unsweetened cocoa powder, unsweetened chocolate and bittersweet chocolate. Chocolate heaven. The ratio of batter to mix-ins is seemingly 1:1, which had me a bit worried, but it all worked out in the end.

These cookies are amazing. Chocolatey, gooey, delicious. If you want to try them out, you can find the recipe on Laurie's blog, cookin' up north. The other Baking with Dorie members have posted their fantastic results here.



6 comments:

  1. How can anyone resist after seeing that last photo of gooey-goodness!
    Thanks for baking along with us this week & glad you enjoyed these cookies as much as all of us did :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those apricots look like a wonderful addition. Actually, I think just about anything added to these would taste awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the addition of the apricots. Much better than raisins, when I think about it.

    I may have my own but I must tell you, these are making me salivate. I don't drool.

    Laurie picked a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious! I love that you added dried apricots...I may have to try that when I make these again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fudgy middles look heavenly! And I'd love both versions. Totally scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...